The effective use and deployment of donor funds for various projects demands careful utilization and timely reporting mechanisms to the funders. It is only when funds are effectively managed in accordance with the donors requirements will there be the motivation for re-imbursement of financial resources.
Unfortunately many NGO’s, and development agencies are caught up with inadequate management of donor financed projects and reporting mechanisms.
This course is designed to promote improved compliance with operational policies and donor agency procedures on effective financial management, and to empower participants on the use of various disbursement methods and the use of periodic project management reports (PMRs) in line with donor agency disbursement and requisition requirement.
Also participants will explore other core competencies and skill based on areas such as, planning, budgeting, financial and management accounting, auditing, accountability and transparency in the management of funds, procurement, and financial project monitoring systems.
The overall objective of this four weeks course is to enable participants to competently design and manage project financial management systems and accountability methods in accordance with donor guidelines and procedures
Course participants will be able to competently design and operate project financial management systems and execute corresponding payments / disbursements in accordance with sound professional standards and the harmonized requirements of donors and their respective governments.
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio.
Aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto. Sam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt.
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Income Statements & Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Statements
- Interpretation –and Analysis of Financial Statements
- Marginal, Absorption and Activity Based Costing
- Accountability, Probity & Transparency
- Debt Management strategies & Techniques
- Management Accounting & Decision making
- Budgetary control
- Preparation of Budget reports
- Auditing – Internal Controls
Management & Disbursement of Donor Funded Projects
- The Donor – Lending, types of loan, Co financing
- Legal Provision
- Disbursement Operations
- General Withdrawals Arrangement
- Withdrawal Arrangements for (SOES)
- Statement of Expenditure(SOES)
- Special Accounts (SAS)
- Disbursement Reports and loan repayment
- Procurement of Goods, Works and Services
- Accounts and Audit
World Bank Financed Projects
- Background on IBRD and IDA
- Types of Loans and Projects
- Project Implementing Agencies
- Project Preparation and Execution
- Project Financing
- Procurement of Goods and Services
- Disbursement of World Bank Funds
- Project cycle management
- Project planning & scheduling
- Budgeting & Investment appraisal
- Project Break – even analysis
- Critical path and network analysis
- Project Monitoring & Evaluation
- Project Reporting
Item Reviews - 3
Consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore.
- 8659 Views
- 8 Weeks Online
- 1-4 Weeks Class