Every organization is responsible for ensuring cybersecurity. The ability to protect its information systems from impairment or even theft is essential to success. Implementing effective security measures will not only offer liability protection; it will also increase efficiency and productivity
With our “Cybersecurity” workshop, participants will discover the fundamentals of cybersecurity as well as the methods that should be implemented to make sure their computer systems are protected.
In this course, participants will be introduced to real-world cybersecurity challenges that organisations face, and learn to apply knowledge and skills. The challenges will be examined both from the attacker's perspective (how systems are exploited) and the defender's perspectives (how to secure systems or respond to threats).
Common attack and defence strategies for software, web applications, networks, operating systems, cryptographic systems and humans will be explored. The course will also introduce cyber security management concepts, including security operations, risk management, security engineering and security architecture, as well as provide guidance on different career paths specialising in cybersecurity. This course focuses on hand-on activities, and participants are encouraged to participate in public and industry cybersecurity challenges, including capture-the-flag competitions.
- Understand different types of malware and security breaches
- Know the types of cyberattacks to look out for
- Develop effective prevention methods
- Describe career paths in cybersecurity and corresponding required skills, certifications and aptitudes.
- Demonstrate ability to undertake basic security assessment, including vulnerability scanning and network/web penetration testing.
- Describe the role of an information security in an organisation, and main components of information security management frameworks to effectively manage risks.
- Demonstrate basic skills in computer forensic analysis, including binary file analysis and reverse engineering.