Event Management when compared to other traditional professions such as medicine, law and accounting is relatively a young field. It is an area that is growing rapidly and now represents hundreds of professionals who are responsible for planning, coordinating and evaluating a wide range of events all year round.
Event management is predominantly about creating an experience. Bearing in mind that first impressions last, it is important when embarking on any event regardless of its scale to take the correct approach and use the right techniques to ensure that your event is successful.
This course will provide participants with the practical skills and knowledge required to successfully plan, implement, organize, manage, monitor and evaluate special events.
- Develop an effective Event Plan to create and design memorable events
- Utilize specific techniques and tools of the event planning process to manage and monitor the success of the event.
- Ensure that organizational objectives are being achieved.
- Appreciate the importance of risk assessment and contingency planning when coordinating events
- Appreciate the importance of proper time management and task management to an event’s success
- Demonstrate leadership skills (event managers need to consistently get the best out of their teams)
- Achieve maximum exposure for their event
- Demonstrate a new and open minded approach to Event Management
The Concept of Event Management
- A Definition of Event Management
- Brief History of how Event Management became a profession
- The Role of the Event Manager and Event Coordinator
The Event Planning Process
- Basic principles necessary to master Event Management
- The knots and bolts involved in event planning (Needs assessment and feasibility study)
- The key elements necessary to ensure that your event is successful (Murphy’s Law)
- How to conduct an effective venue inspection
- The use of SWOT analysis and Time Lines to formulate an effective event plan.
Event Team Dynamics
- Team skills, understanding the different tasks, activities and functions of your team when planning an event.
- Establishing the reporting process and chain of command in decision making
- All elements involved in coordinating the event from start to completion
- The importance of adopting the right attitude, one of problem solving and coming up with solutions, the ability to think on you feet.
- How to develop an Event Check list
- The importance of health and safety assessments
- Incorporation of Legal, Ethical and Risk Management factors when planning events
- The importance of evaluation and feedback
- Monitoring and managing performance quality
Event Management is a people oriented field. As a direct result of this fact the following areas willbe addressed.
- The relevant skills and characteristics required for the field of Event Management
- The importance of effective communication among stakeholders
- Leadership type skills necessary to motivate and empower teams to function at their maximum
From $ 250.00
From $ 2500.00
From $ 3200.00
- 6479 Views
- 8 Weeks Online
- 1-2 Weeks Classes