This programme provides participants with an insight into the technical, financial and organisational aspects of project management. Project definition, planning, implementing and control phases are covered, using methods and techniques which can be adapted to suit projects of any size or complexity. Our Fundamentals of Business Project Management programme provides participants with insight into the technical, financial and organisational aspects of project management. Project definition, planning, implementing and control phases are taught by seasoned project managers, using methods and techniques that can be adapted to suit projects of any size or complexity. Appropriate computer software is introduced, and participants spend half a day in our computer laboratory applying their newly found knowledge in the management of a medium-sized project.
- Describe professional project management
- Initiate a project.
- plan project work.
- Develop project schedules
- Develop cost estimates, and budgets.
- Plan project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Analyze project risks.
- Plan project procurement.
- Manage project procurement
- Execute project work.
- Monitor and control project work.
- Monitor and control project schedule and costs.
- Monitor and control project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Monitor and control project risks and contracts.
- Close the project.
1 - Examining Professional Project Management
- Identify Project Management Processes
- Identify Professional and Social Responsibilities
- Identify the Interpersonal Skills Required for a Project Manager
2 - Initiating a Project
- Examine the Project Management Context
- Examine Project Selection
- Prepare a Project Statement of Work
- Create a Project Charter
- Identify Project Stakeholders
3 - Planning Project Work
- Identify Elements of the Project Management Plan
- Document Stakeholder Requirements
- Create a Scope Statement
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure
4 - Developing Project Schedules
- Create an Activity List
- Create a Project Schedule Network Diagram
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Estimate Duration for Project Activities
- Develop a Project Schedule
- Identify the Critical Path
- Optimize the Project Schedule
- Establish a Schedule Baseline
5 - Developing Cost Estimates and Budgets
- Estimate Project Costs
- Estimate the Preliminary
- Cost Baseline
- Reconcile Funding and Costs
6 - Planning Project Quality, Staffing, and Communications
- Create a Quality Management Plan
- Document the Project Roles, Responsibilities, and Reporting Relationships
- Create a Communications Management Plan
7 - Analyzing Risks and Planning Risk Responses
- Examine a Risk Management Plan
- Identify Project Risks and Triggers
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Develop a Risk Response Plan
8 - Planning Project Procurement
- Plan Project Procurements
- Prepare a Procurement Statement of Work
- Prepare a Procurement Document
9 - Executing Project Work
- Identifying the Direct and Manage Project Execution Process
- Execute a Quality Assurance Plan
- Acquire the Project Team
- Develop the Project Team
- Manage the Project Team
- Distribute Project Information
- Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
10 - Managing Project Procurement
- Identify the Conduct Project Procurements Process
- Obtain Responses from Sellers
- Determine Project Sellers
11 - Monitoring and Controlling Project Work
- Identify the Monitor and Control Project Work Process
- Develop an Integrated Change Control System
- Utilize the Integrated Change Control System
- Review Deliverables and Work Results
- Control the Project Scope
12 - Monitoring and Controlling Project Schedule and Costs
- Control the Project Schedule
- Control Project Costs
13 - Monitoring and Controlling Project Performance and Quality
- Perform Quality Control
- Report on Project Performance
14 - Monitoring and Controlling Project Risk and Procurements
- Monitor and Control Project Risk
- Administer Project Procurements
15 - Closing the Project
- Close Project Procurements
- Close the Project or Phase Administratively
- 8787 Views
- 8 Weeks Online
- 1-2 Weeks Classes