The course examines the role of the “project” relative to other aid delivery methods such as sector support and budget support used by the Donors/Development partners in pursuit of development cooperation objectives. An analysis of all the different phases of the project/programme cycle will be carried out to emphasis the methodology for preparing, implementing and evaluating projects and programmes. Particular effort will be made to bring clarity to the terminology used by the donors/development partners for the different stages for the project/programme cycle.
In the course of the project world, we have learnt or experienced several projects that get abandoned prior to their completion. In most cases, this is due to misuse of funds, fraud or generally lacking knowledge of managing donor funds. Communities intended to benefit from such projects continue to suffer whereas funds for their wellbeing have already been disbursed. Knowledge of financial principles and procedures in line with legislation and ethical issues are the panacea to the financial mismanagement problems associated with donor funded projects. This program is tailor made to further enhance the knowledge of individuals involved in managing or handling of finances of various donor funded projects. Reference will be made to some of the donors such as World Bank, AfDB, BADEA, ADB, IDB, GIZ, etc.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge required in preparation of all financial statements for donor funded projects
- Be acquainted to the financial guidelines used by various donors
- Further knowledge on analysis and interpretation of financial statements
- Effectively abide to the legal framework requirements in management of donor funded projects
- Understand project formulation strategies from a financial perspective
- Procedures followed in project identification and budgeting.
- Develop knowledge managing funds throughout the phases of a project
- Understand procedures followed in financial monitoring and evaluation of donor funded projects.
- Know how to ensure that donor funds are used according to the stipulated standards
- The funding trends of major development partners
- The project cycle, decision points, key documents and use of the quality frame
- The principles of the logical framework approach
- How to design a project according to the logical framework approach
- How to prepare and assess the quality of a logical framework matrix
- How to prepare activity schedules
- How to prepare budgets and resources schedules
- How to assess project implementation arrangements
- How to design a monitoring and evaluation system
- How to accurately choose indicators and sources of verification
- How to apply the 5 evaluation criteria used by the major donors/development partners
- 7428 Views
- 8 Weeks Online
- 1-2 Weeks Classes