Examines the complexities and multiple issues involved in human resources management in healthcare organizations. Offers healthcare managers an opportunity to obtain the knowledge and tools to manage people in all aspects of their work from recruiting, to the hiring interview, to compensation and benefits, to motivational strategies and performance appraisals, to promotions and terminations. Seeks to provide the healthcare manager with current thinking, theory, and best practices for the effective management of people in healthcare organizations.
- Develop the knowledge, skills and concepts needed to resolve actual human resource management problems or issues.
- Manage the employment relationship, which is a shared responsibility between employers, management, human resources specialists, and employees. Investigate how HRM is responding to current business trends, opportunities, and challenges.
- Identify the human resources needs of an organization or department.
- Conduct a job analysis and produce a job description from the job analysis.
- Evaluate the procedures and practices used for recruiting and selecting suitable employees.
- Assess training requirements and design a successful orientation and training program.
- Discuss workplace health and safety programs and the roles of the employer and the employee in enforcing health and safety policies and procedures.
- Explain the responsibilities of management, HRM specialists, managers, and employees in managing the employment relationship in a unionized or a non-unionized environment.
- Need for Human Resources Management
- Topic 1: Human Resources Management-Roles and Responsibilities
- Topic 2: The Changing Role of HRM and Growing Professionalism within the HR Function
- Topic 3: HRM Challenges in the Twenty-First Century
- Topic 4: Legal issues in HRM
- Matching HR Needs and People
- Topic 1: Job Design
- Topic 2: Job Analysis
- Topic 3: Human Resources Planning
- Topic 4: Understanding a Shifting Labour Market
- Module 3: Developing People
- Topic 1: Employee Orientation and Socialization
- Topic 2: Training and Development
- Topic 3: Performance Management
- Topic 4: HR's Role in Setting a Climate for People Development
- Compensation and Recognition
- Topic 1: Employee Compensation
- Topic 2: Incentives and Rewards
- Topic 3: Employee Benefits and Services
- Topic 4: Trends in Compensation and Benefits
- Recruitment and Selection
- Topic 1: Recruitment Strategies
- Topic 2: Processes for Selecting the Best Candidate
- Topic 3: Legal Issues Related to Recruitment and Selection
- Developing a Healthy Work Environment and Effective Employee Relations
- Topic 1: Occupational Health and Safety Legislation - Creating a Safe Work Environment
- Topic 2: The Human Rights Code - Establishing a Positive Work Environment
- Topic 3: Foundations of Effective Employee Relations
- Topic 4: Labour-Management Relations
- Topic 5: Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures
1 Week Face to Face Classes
2 Week Face to Face Classes
- 3924 Views
- 8 Weeks Online
- 1-2 Weeks Classes