Delegates learn and apply fundamentals of various software applications (such as Illustrator and Photoshop), web design, image editing, drawing and graphic animation.
Advertising and marketing projects coordinate technical skills with organization, management, ommunication, ethics and teamwork.
- Apply design knowledge and theory to purposeful visual communication.
- Acquire artistic knowledge, perception, and technical skills to express and communicate ideas visually and graphically.
- Develop a system of assessment of student work through critique that will give students an understanding of market, message and meaning within design.
- Gain design and communication skills using digital and traditional media as tools to create art and demonstrate understanding of the Elements of Art and Principles of Design
- Learn how to communicate through imagery for a directed purpose.
- Understand major art historical influences, history and purpose of graphic design and how to incorporate historical context into contemporary design.
- Extend knowledge gained from digital media into other art forms and traditional art making media.
- Exhibit and present own work to a variety of audiences.
Intro to vector graphics and the design principles
- Introduction to the four design principles
- Recognizing the use of the design principles
- Differences between vector-based graphics and pixel-based graphics
- Dot-to-dot approach
- Intro to the Illustrator interface
- Panels, tools and menus
- Basic selections
Design principles in depth; editing shapes
- Using Contrast
- Using Repetition
- Using Alignment
- Using Proximity
- Learning the tools, panels and menus
Typography and Illustrator text tools
- Intro to typographic terms
- Text tools in Illustrator
- Stroking text
- Outlining text
Type categories, layers & artboards, brushes & patterns, converting bitmaps
- Learning type categories
- Using layers
- Using artboards
- Using 3rd party brushes and patterns
Branding and corporate identity
- Branding a concept or company
- Why you should create your logos in Illustrator
- Importing 3rd party brushes for use in Illustrator
- Importing 3rd party patterns for use in Illustrator
Intro to bitmap graphics
- Introduction to creating bitmap-based graphics in Photoshop
- Seeing the similarities and differences between the user interfaces in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Learn the various color modes of bitmap files and their uses
- Understanding bitmap file resolution and how it is important
- Learn the differences in bitmap file formats and which one would be appropriate for your use
- How the various selection tools work in Photoshop
- Cropping and resizing images, composing, using channels and layers
The crop tool and resizing images
- Saving existing selections into channels
- Using selections to create layer masks to edit your images in a non-destructive manner
- Make use of layers in Phtoshop to compose multiple images into a collage
Advanced editing of selections, preparing images for various uses
- Editing selections
- Preparing images resolution and file formats for web delivery
- Preparing images resolution and file formats for print delivery
Retouching and repairing images
- Learning the retouching tools in Photoshop
Using blending modes, non-destructive adjustment layers
- Editing selections
- Using adjustment layers in your documents
- Using layer styles and how to copy them between layers
Combining bitmap and vector elements
- Understanding the differences between vector and bitmap-based images
- Using Illustrator files in your Photoshop projects
- Using smart objects
- 5885 Views
- 8 Weeks Online
- 1-2 Weeks Classes