Like Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices, and Project Management (PMP) best practices ITIL focuses on IT Service best practices ITIL has now become a Global standard which mandatory in many organizations. ITIL processes must coordinate with entire SDLC including configuration management, change management etc. For those who are not familiar with IT competency, you’re Learning Journey begins with an understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) a process-based framework for the support and delivery of quality IT services. To conclude ITIL which stands for IT Infrastructure Library is an international standard of best practices set for IT Service Management.
The ITIL® Framework is a source of good practice in service management. ITIL® is used by organisations world-wide to establish and improve capabilities in service management. Service Management is a set of specialised organisational capabilities for providing value to customers in the form of services. The capabilities take the form of functions and processes for managing services over a lifecycle, with specializations in strategy, design, transition, operation, and continual improvement. The capabilities represent a service organisation's capacity, competency, and confidence for action. The act of transforming resources into valuable services is at the core of service management. Without these capabilities, a service organisation is merely a bundle of resources that by itself has relatively low intrinsic value for customers.
The purpose of the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is to obtain knowledge of the ITIL terminology, structure and basic concepts and to comprehend the core principles of ITIL practices for Service Management. The course covers the five core volumes which provide an end-to-end view of IT and its integration with business strategy. Those five core volumes are:
- Service Strategy: provides guidance on how to design, develop, and implement service management. It ensures that the overall business aims and strategy is supported by the IT organisations aims and strategy.
- Service Design:provides guidance on the design of new or changed services for introduction into the live environment.
- Service Transition:provides guidance on managing change along with risk and quality whilst ensuring IT Operations can manage those changes within the context of the ICT Infrastructure.
- Service Operation: provides guidance on the day to day management of the ICT Infrastructure. It is also contributes to the Service Management Lifecycle for carrying out those processes which contribute to the optimisation of the services provided.
- Continual Service Improvement: looks at the Service Management Lifecycle. It identifies opportunities for improvements in the efficiency, effectiveness of the processes and optimisation of the costs associated with service provision.
Service Management Lifecycle
- Principles of Service Management
- The Processes
- The ITIL Service Lifecycle
- Introduction to Service Strategy
- Key Concepts of Service Strategy
- Service Strategy Processes
- Demand Management
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Business Relationship Management
- Introduction to Service Design
- Key Concepts of Service Design
- Service Design Processes
- Service Catalogue Management
- Service Level Management
- Supplier Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Design Co-ordination
- Introduction to Service Transition
- Key Principles & Models of Service Transition
- Service Transition Processes
- Transition, Planning, and Support
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Knowledge Management
- Introduction to Service Operations
- Service Operations Processes
- Event Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Access Management
- Service Operations Functions
Continual Service Improvement
- Introduction to Continual Service Improvement
- Key Principles and Models of Continual Service Improvement
From $ 250.00
From $ 2500.00
From $ 3200.00
- 5159 Views
- 8 Weeks Online
- 1-2 Weeks Classes