The Linux Server Management course offered by Magna Skills is designed to equip individuals with the knowledge and skills required to effectively manage and maintain Linux servers in a professional IT environment. Linux is a popular choice for server operating systems due to its stability, security, and versatility. This course will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of Linux server administration, enabling them to confidently handle server tasks, troubleshoot issues, and optimize server performance.
By the end of the Linux Server Management course, participants will:
- Gain a solid understanding of the Linux operating system, its architecture, and its role in server environments.
- Master essential server management tasks, including user and group management, file system operations, and process management.
- Learn how to install, configure, and secure various server applications and services commonly used in Linux environments.
- Develop the skills to monitor server performance, diagnose and resolve issues, and implement best practices for server optimization.
- Understand the importance of server security and learn how to implement security measures to protect server resources and data.
- Gain hands-on experience with popular Linux server distributions such as Ubuntu Server and CentOS/RHEL.
- Prepare for professional certifications like CompTIA Linux+ or Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
Module 1: Introduction to Linux Server Management
- Overview of Linux and its role in server environments
- Linux distributions for servers
- Installation and initial configuration of a Linux server
Module 2: Linux Fundamentals for Server Administrators
- Command-line basics
- File system management and navigation
- User and group management
- Permissions and security
Module 3: Server Services and Applications
- Setting up a web server (Apache or Nginx)
- Configuring a database server (MySQL/MariaDB or PostgreSQL)
- Email server setup (Postfix and Dovecot)
- DNS server configuration (Bind9)
Module 4: Server Security
- Understanding server security concepts
- Firewalls and network security
- SSH and remote access security
- Implementing SSL/TLS certificates
Module 5: Server Monitoring and Optimization
- Performance monitoring and analysis
- Troubleshooting common server issues
- Backup and recovery strategies
- Server maintenance and updates
Module 6: Advanced Topics
- Virtualization with KVM or Docker
- Server automation with shell scripting (Bash)
- High availability and load balancing
- Introduction to cloud-based server management (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
Module 7: Preparation for Certification
- Review of key concepts and skills
- Practice exams and certification guidance