The Advanced Leadership Program (ALDP) focuses on self and interpersonal development, in addition to the management of groups and teams, with the goal of helping delegates expand their understanding around leadership choices. ALDP stresses self-awareness, goal-setting, cross-cultural competencies, and people development.
The ALDP tackles the toughest leadership challenges facing leaders in transplantation. As the medical environment becomes more complex, successful transplant programs require innovative leadership strategies to remain competitive and profitable.
- Leadership dynamics and how it differs from management
- The need for leadership development from a global and an African perspective
- The link between personal development, continuous learning and leadership ability
- Developing them to lead multi-discipline teams tasked to facilitate business improvement and socio-economic transformation
- Acquiring the competence to lead a system (resources) and to develop
- Technology and innovation related activities to meet their business objectives
- Providing personal development opportunities for them to contribute significantly to the development of wealth.
- This business driven action learning programme intends to clarify the contexts and perspectives required to take on more complex management & leadership challenges.
- We highly encourage you to work with your supervisor to select a professional development program and he individual courses to take to complete the program.
Self, Other and Social Contexts
- Develop an integrative action plan regarding your Learning style that expands your capability and improves your application of a total learning approach
- Critically evaluate other style approaches, integrating personality and type models - Develop arguments and approaches for reframing organisational realities as currently experienced
- Benchmark global self-management approaches.
- Problem Solving, Creative Thinking and Decision Making
- Convert problem solving basics into creative solution finding models for your department
- Benchmark global creative thinking processes
- Develop arguments for the integration of your own problem solving approaches within your organisation
- Lead a team in using creative thinking and problem solving models to solve real functional and organisational problems.
Managing the Systems Way
- Conceptualise and explain the essential components of a system and key attributes with respect to its behaviour
- Demonstrate your own understanding of systems through an ability to select appropriate models and develop a system’s model for your organisation
- Interpret the impact of interventions, like new innovations, in the context of understanding the impact on different parts of the system and the system as a whole
- Use a systems perspective in analysing problems and failures
- Understand the basic constructs of chaos theory and their applicability in the work environment.
Management of Innovation
- Demonstrate your own understanding of the Management of Innovation and explain the potential thereof on your organisation
- Conceptualise and explain innovation as a key business process
- Access innovation barriers and enablers and develop strategies to overcome and/or enhance these in your organisation
- Develop and describe a strategy to implement and embed an end-to-end innovation process in your organisation
- Design a plan to develop an innovation culture and capture and drive creativity in your organisation
- Explain the role of tools and technologies such as Information and Communications Technologies in driving and supporting innovation.
Management of Technology
- Appreciate the impact of technology on business, society and the processes of change and how it can be best integrated in the pursuit of commercial success
- Assess the technological competence of the business, its competitors and best practice exemplars in relation to both the context of the people and hardware involved
- Identify technology needs in the context of the key business drivers and the means to access such technology through an understanding of the research and development process
- Appreciate the benefits and principles of implementation of multifunctional organisation and team working in the development and integration of technological change
- Appreciate the tools and techniques necessary to identify, assess and deliver technological change at an acceptable risk.
Management of People
- Understand key issues in the behaviour of people in a work situation
- Consider various options for designing appropriate organisational structures
- Be aware of the people dynamics surrounding specific organisational architecture
- Understand the individual behavioural requirements for high performing structures and teams
- Integrate organisational wellness strategies operationally
- Distinguish between effective transformational leadership and transactional management roles.
Management and Leadership Competence
- Evaluate management and leadership competence
- Design a management and leadership model
- Examine a business or operation from a financial perspective, reading, analysing and interpreting the key financial statements
- Differentiate between cost, profit and cash
- Understand and differentiate capital and operating budget processes, compiling and controlling both
- Analyse and develop key financial indicators for managing organisational performance
- Use financial processes in management decision making
- Write critical financial reviews of your operation.
- Demonstrate your understanding of both content and process models of project management
- Integrate project management approaches within your function or operation Lead and develop project teams within the workplace
- Apply appropriate project management techniques in other areas of workplace implementation
- Have a working knowledge of project management tools and software.
Business Management, Joint Ventures and Partnerships
- Appreciate the business life cycle.
- Understand the business planning cycle including strategy formulation and implementation
- Be exposed to various joint ventures and partnership models.
Reverse Engineering the Future
- Understand the nature and content of business
- Strategy and the strategic planning and management process
- Identify and assess the external and internal factors that affect a business
- Review and understand how to recognise competitive practices and develop sources and drivers of competitive advantage
- Propose and design a strategy from a “blue ocean” visionary perspective.
- Describe the potential impact of transformational leadership in an organisation, focusing on both the human experience of transformation and meeting business imperatives
- Explain the concept of self as it applies to leadership, and perform an analysis of how you operate at the personal, interpersonal, managerial and organisational level
- Analyse leadership styles across five selected leaders in the world at large, as well as five leaders who are encountered in local and international immersion experiences
- Create a process for leading transformation within his or her organisational domain, & by doing an analysis of enablers & challenges.