Epi Info™ – a whole new Epi Info version is out! Be the first to experience the flexibility and versatility of this statistical programme that has been used by over 1 million researchers in over 180 countries worldwide. Epi Info™ provides new capabilities that are designed to make it easier for researchers to rapidly create databases, collect large amounts of data, and quickly analyze data for action.
Epi Info™ is a open-source data capture and statistical software provided freely by the United States Centers for Disease Control. With Epi Info, the analyst can rapidly develop a questionnaire or form, customise the data entry process, and enter and analyze data. Epi Info can import data from 24 different format including Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Text, Dbase, etc. Also data captured in Epi-Info can be exported to these formats. Statistics, tables, graphs, and maps are produced with simple point-and click commands such as READ, FREQ, LIST, TABLES, GRAPH, and MAP. The analysis programme can be saved so that the outputs can be reproduced at anytime.
The general objectives of the course include helping participants achieve the understanding of descriptive and inferential statistics; be able to summarise and present data collected in their settings; and be able to make inferences from data. The course will teach participants the entire process from creating a database to data entering, data cleaning, data management and data analysis using Epi-Info .
Participants will be able to produce and interpret basic and intermediate descriptive and inferential statistics using practical exercises. As a result they will be able to take raw data, clean them, summarise them, analyse them and take appropriate action. They will also be able to interpret published research results for needed action.
- Study designs and data collection methods
- From variables to datasets
- Creating and customising databases/questionnaires
- Data entry and database navigation
- Data query
- Data cleaning and management .
- Basic Data analysis
- Making sense of data: descriptive statistics
- Plotting and manipulating graphs
- Subset analysis
- Import data in different formats into Epi-Info
- Export data in Epi-Info into different formats
- Appending, merging data from different sources .
- Inferential statistics
- Hypothesis testing, p-values and confidence intervals
- Meaning of differences
- Chi-squared, t-test and ANOVA
- Introduction to multivariate methods
From $ 250.00
From $ 2500.00
From $ 3200.00
- 6978 Views
- 8 Weeks Online
- 1-2 Weeks Classes