Marketing within the hotel and tourism industry presents unique challenges, as marketers are tasked with selling services and memories rather than goods. In this hospitality management course, you will learn how to apply marketing knowledge and skills to the hotel and tourism industry. You will learn best practices for building customer loyalty and creating a strong brand and learn how to efficiently communicate to stakeholders through integrated marketing communications. You will also learn about the importance of marketing to both previous and new customers.
Delegates' learning experience will be enhanced through the use of creative approaches to solve marketing problems in hotel and tourism settings.
- Examine and evaluate the marketing theories and concepts within the context of management and operations of hospitality and tourism organizations
- Analyze the relationship between consumers, practitioners, and policy makers of hospitality and tourism services/products
- Evaluate the contributions and impacts of hospitality and tourism in social, economic, political, cultural, and other areas
- Analyze and apply various marketing theories and concepts to practical applications in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Communicate and respond appropriately to stakeholders in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Identify marketing problems within the hospitality and tourism context, and apply marketing knowledge and skills to solve the problems
- Organize and analyze related numerical and graphical data, and translate them into business information.
- Understand the function of positioning in tourism marketing.
- Explain the impact of competition and its impact in tourism marketing.
- Develop a marketing plan or a destination.
- Explain how intangibles are a part of marketing a tourism destination.
- Analyze the importance of target marketing.
- Understand how the target market perceives competition.
- Define the top ten activities used to market a destination.
- Understand the pricing mix in the marketing of tourist destinations.
- Identify attributes features, or customer benefits of a destination.
- Explain the various positioning approaches used in marketing a destination.
- Identify current trends influencing tourism destination marketing.
- Explain the components of an integrated destination marketing system.
- Develop a strategic marketing plan.
- Understand how the SOWT analysis is used in destination marketing.
- Develop a presentation to “Sell” a destination.
- Understand the role of symbiotic relationships in destination marketing.
1 Week Face to Face Classes
2 Week Face to Face Classes
- 2987 Views
- 8 Weeks Online
- 1-2 Weeks Classes