Dealing with large projects can be daunting through the whole project lifecycle. In this course, Microsoft Project, you will learn foundational knowledge of defining and creating a project, resources, assignments, as well as tracking and reporting. First, you will learn how to create a work breakdown structure, link tasks and then display and print the project's Critical Path. Next, you will discover the different resource types and how these, and costs, can be assigned to the project. Finally, you will explore how to how to formally close the project and create a template from the existing schedule. When you are finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of Microsoft Project needed to use the Agile capabilities in the subscription version of Project, and how to print and communicate different aspects of the project plan using custom and pre-defined reports.
The course is peppered with best practices and examples, which will take your knowledge to the next level to make you a project superstar. Some of the major topics that we will cover include creating the task list and dependencies. Assigning resource is and costs updating on tracking the project and producing great looking project reports
By the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Split the view
- Sort, group, and filter tasks
- Use zoom
- Overlap, delay, or split tasks
- Set task deadlines and constraints
- Understand task types
- Assign a task calendar
- Understand task indicators
- Assign a resource calendar
- Customize a resource calendar
- Apply predefined resource contours
- Specify resource availability
- Group resources
- Enter resource rates and overtime rates
- Specify pay rates for different dates
- Apply a different pay rate to an assignment
- Use material resource consumption rates
- Entering task fixed costs
- Schedule resource overtime
- Identify and balance resource overallocation
- Save a baseline plan
- Update project, actual task values, actual work and actual costs
- View project statistics and costs
- Check duration variance, work variance, and cost variance
- Identify slipped tasks
- Save an interim plan
- Customize a basic or visual report
- Create a custom report
- Sort a report
- Inserting a subproject
- Consolidate multiple projects
- View multiple project critical paths
- View consolidated project statistics
- Create a resource pool
Module One: Getting Started.
- Workshop Objectives.
- Pre-Assignment Review..
Module Two: Viewing the Project.
- Using Split Views.
- Sorting Information.
- Grouping Information.
- Filtering Information.
- Using AutoFilters.
- Using Zoom..
- Module Two: Review Questions.
Module Three: Working with Tasks (I).
- Overlapping Tasks.
- Delaying Tasks.
- Setting Task Deadlines.
- Setting Task Constraints.
- Splitting Tasks.
- Module Three: Review Questions.
Module Four: Working with Tasks (II).
- Understanding Task Type.
- Assigning a Task Calendar.
- Understanding Task Indicators.
- Module Four: Review Questions.
Module Five: Working with Resources.
- Assigning a Resource Calendar.
- Customizing a Resource Calendar.
- Applying Predefined Resource Contours.
- Specifying Resource Availability Dates.
- Grouping Resources.
- Module Five: Review Questions.
Module Six: Working with Costs.
- Adding Pay Rates for a Resource.
- Specifying Pay Rates for Different Dates.
- Applying a Different Pay Rate to an Assignment.
- Using Material Resource Consumption Rates.
- Entering Task Fixed Costs.
- Module Six: Review Questions.
Module Seven: Balancing the Project.
- Scheduling Resource Overtime.
- Identifying Resource Overallocation.
- Setting Leveling Options.
- Balancing Resource Overallocations Automatically.
- Balancing Resource Overallocations Manually.
- Module Seven: Review Questions.
Module Eight: Updating Project Progress.
- Saving a Baseline Plan.
- Updating the Entire Project.
- Updating Task Actual Values.
- Updating Actual Work.
- Updating Actual Costs.
- Module Eight: Review Questions.
Module Nine: Checking Project Progress.
- Viewing Project Statistics.
- Viewing Project Costs.
- Checking Duration Variance.
- Checking Work Variance.
- Checking Cost Variance.
- Identifying Slipped Tasks.
- Saving an Interim Plan.
- Module Nine: Review Questions.
Module Ten: Working with Reports.
- Customizing a Basic Report.
- Creating a Custom Report.
- Customizing a Visual Report.
- Sorting a Report.
- Module Ten: Review Questions.
Module Eleven: Working with Multiple Projects.
- Inserting a Subproject.
- Consolidating Projects.
- Viewing Multiple Project Critical Paths.
- Viewing Consolidated Project Statistics.
- Creating a Resource Pool
- Module Eleven: Review Questions.
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up.
- End of Course Assessment
- Words from the Wise
- 5474 Views
- 8 Weeks Online
- 1-2 Weeks Classes