Welcome to the exciting world of conflict management. In the rapidly changing and global context we live in, conflict is a feature of our current reality. Private and public sector organizations, find that they have to be more equipped to deal with different types of conflict. Personal conflicts, inter-personal conflicts and structural conflicts all point to the need for more effective tools for lasting problem solving. Conflict management and negotiation skills are critical skills for any manager to be effective in the workplace.
Conflict situations are common in the work situation. It is thus important for managers to become familiar with the principles, processes, and techniques of conflict management and negotiations.
This course will focus on understanding and analyzing selected theories and practice methods of peacebuilding and conflict transformation as seen through a social justice lens. Participants will be given a cross?disciplinary perspective on processes that lead toward progressive violent conflict prevention through peacebuilding endeavours, as it relates to the individual, society (local / global) and the environment.
It provides a comprehensive introduction to the issues dominating the study of contemporary conflict and conflict resolution processes. It explores the pattern and trajectory of conflict and the processes of resolution at a range of levels from small-scale disputes to international crises.
- Recognize how our own attitudes and actions impact on others
- Find new and effective techniques for managing negative emotions in others and self
- Describe the main sources of conflict
- Describe appropriate techniques to manage conflict
- Explain the appropriate techniques in inter-personal conflict management
- Describe the appropriate action plan and strategies to manage inter-group conflict
- Explain the attributes of an effective conflict manager
- The steps needed to resolve conflict
- Negotiations and other strategies to resolve conflict
- Prepare for, engage in and conclude negotiations
- Analyze critically, theoretical approaches to understanding the relationship between conflict, peace, and social justice;
- Explore diverse models of social change, including the distinctions between conflict? oriented and peace oriented social change;
- Identify processes and skills of peacebuilding and conflict transformation;
- Develop their own peacebuilding and conflict transformation skills; and
- Demonstrate their ability to resolve conflicts peacefully.
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio.
Aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto. Sam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt.
Module One: Politics and Political Parties in a democratic Country
- Unit 1.1 About Centre for Multiparty Democracy
- Unit 1.2 Understanding Politics
- Unit 1.3 Political Parties in a Democracy
Module Two: Understanding Conflicts 12
- Unit 2.1 What is Conflict?
- Unit 2.2 Types of Conflicts
- Unit 2.3 Causes and Manifestation of Conflicts
- Unit 2.4 The difference between Conflict and Violence
- Unit 2.5 What conflicts can do
Module Three: Conflict Analysis
- Unit 3.1 Introduction to Conflict analysis
- Unit 3.3 Levels of Conflict Escalation
- Unit 3.2 Tools for analysing Political Conflicts
Module Four: Intervention in a political Conflict.
- Unit 4.1 Criteria for Intervention
- Unit 4.2 Intervention Steps in Transforming Conflicts
- Unit 4.3 Guidelines for Intervention
Module Five: Managing and Resolving conflicts
- Unit 5.1 Leadership Levels in Conflict Transformation
- Unit 5.2 Approaches to Conflicts
- Unit 5.3 Negotiation and Mediation
Item Reviews - 3
Consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore.
- 2254 Views
- 8 Weeks Online
- 1-4 Weeks Class